Thursday, May 14, 2009

How Jamie did:

Alrightee. Here we go. . . .

Physical: After doing the math I realized that if I made the goal of actually having the baby during the 90 days that I would have to go into labor 3-4 weeks early. So instead of making a goal of premature labor I came up with a couple others instead.
- Take my prenatals every day (this is a HUGE one for me) - alright, so I didn't take them EVERY day, but definitely way more often than I would have without a goal partner
- Maximum of one caffeinated beverage daily, tapering to one weekly by the end of the 90 days. - this one came out better than expected, thanks to the adult session of stake conference a couple months ago. There was a question about caffeine and the word of wisdom so my mom decided to quit the caffeine too. She was a main source of my caffeine, so since she didn't get any, neither did I.

Mental:
- Complete current semester of school, and begin second semester (though this will have to wait until tax return time) - I finally finished the current semester today, so I'm a bit late, but it got done. And second semester will be waiting until after we've adjusted to the baby.

Personal:
- Date night twice monthly (due to financial goals, one of these can be a date night in, but it MUST be structured and PLANNED). - did it, and it was fun!
- Get family picture taken and plan for a second picture after the baby. - done and done.
- Stick to cleaning schedule - um. well. I tried. The beginning of the 90 days was definitely better. Then I started getting big and tired. It was all downhill from there.

Spiritual:
- Read entire Doctrine & Covenants along with the institute manual. (including prayer beforehand) - finished a few days late, but I did it!
- Read Teaching: No Greater Call and focus on my lesson at least three times a week. - Read the book. Not every week got the focus on the lesson three times, but it was definitely more than the 15 minutes on Sunday morning that it was getting before. And I've now been released (all that work for nothing!). :-P

Financial:
- STAY WITHIN BUDGET!!! - well February was GREAT! The other months, not as great. Although I think we did much better than we probably would've done without this being a goal. And I am happy that what we did spend money on were things that were much more long lasting than the fast food that it would've been had it not been for the next goal.
- Eat out maximum of four times a month. - this one went surprisingly well. We actually only ate out two or three times a month. Although I am glad the 90 days is officially over, because at 8 1/2 months pregnant I'm not up for cooking much.

So overall I'm glad I did the 90 days, but I'm definitely ready for a break! And I'm excited to hear how the rest of you did with your goals, so get typing!

2 comments:

The J's said...

Good job!!!

Mark and Jennifer said...

I'm impressed! This is a good example of how goals can makes us better.