Thursday, March 13, 2008

Laurel Weed's progress

I have been loving this program! Ever since I've become a mom, I have felt like I'm just "doggy paddling" through life. I'd take care of Anna and do what needed to be done, but I felt like I was void of personal life direction. Now, I actually feel like I'm making personal progress. I feel good about myself. Here's my results thus far:

-- I am in Proverbs in the Old Testament. I am right on schedule to finish at the end of 90 days.

-- I have been exercising regularly. This is huge for me because I have struggled with high blood pressure my whole life. I had to be put on medicine when I was pregnant with Anna which was one of the causes of her low birth weight. I am now over half way done with this pregnancy and my blood pressure has never been better.

--I figured out how to rollover our Roth and 401K to a new company. The check for our 401K is in the mail as is the paperwork for the new Roth. I did some research and I'm really excited about our new investment. The old one was basically ripping us off in fees. I'm so glad to have this figured out because the whole process was very daunting to me.

--I am almost done with "Wuthering Heights" which is a book I have wanted to read since high school. In fact, I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I die when I was a senior in high school and reading this book was on the list.

--I've been regularly watching Photoshop tutorials so that I feel more acquainted with the program. Like, I could actually do some things with the program.

--I am almost done typing up one of Josh's grandma's journals

--I've been getting enough sleep which has made my quality of life so much better. I go to bed at 10:30 and get up at 6:30 and it is refreshing.

--I've been able to gain the appropriate amount of weight for my pregnancy by sticking within my food guidelines. I have definitely been getting proper nutrition during this pregnancy. Being accountable to my partner has really helped me with this.

I am excited for the next month and a half. I actually want to do another "90 days" when this one is over. Ashley has been a great partner.

I hope you're all having success!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am very impressed with what you have accomplished. You inspire me! Thanks for your support.