Friday, January 18, 2008

Wendelicious: War Eagle

Saddle up and ride. Let's get fired up.

Physical: Prepare for and run the 1/2 Marathon in Tacoma. My neighbor, Darnell, and I are also gonna hit the weights. A bit. When we can.

Mental: This largely lies in the space of "phase shifting" my schedule. By moving my schedule up, I will be able to do quite a few things:
  • Ride the train/bus to work

  • I have a few software development books I'd like to tear through while riding

  • Develop a facebook app, possibly for use with my Sunday School class

  • Read Anna Karenina in Russian (this happens to be my big personal goal also)

  • Other stuff I'm forgetting



Personal: In my newly found time, I want to read a great Russian Classic in its native tongue. I have chosen Anna Karenina.

Business/Financial: Become Amazon's CEO. - or - Get our food storage situation well under way to being under control. Hedge against the pending doom.

Spiritual: Not quite sure how to quantify this, but I want to be a more impactful teacher in my Sunday School class. I want them to prefer me over muffins.

Status. So far, everybody wants muffins. I have, however, cleaned out sufficient space in my garage to fire up the old workout bench. I rode the bus once this week, and I can tell it will likely be my hardest goal to accomplish.

Tolstoy, you got nothing on me.

No comments: