Friday, July 4, 2008

Bevin Leder (The Goal Conquerer)

Here are my goals for the next 90 days...I am struggling a little bit with being able to fit all of these into an already extremely busy schedule. However, as I shared in my lesson last week, I am committed to being busy doing the right things. I have been invited to the supper by the Lord and I want to make sure that I am "attending". Through these goals I know that I will be doing the things that will take care of my temporal and spiritual salvati0n.


Spiritual
Write in my journal every night/day. I will try to do it regularly before I go to bed. It may be a lengthy entry or a short entry...I just want to ensure I am writing things down. With the new baby coming I won't be lacking in things to write about and feeling to express.

Missionary Work. Begin by reading Preach My Gospel every other day in order to become more faithful at missionary and come up with new ideas/ways of sharing the gospel. Have someone for the missionaries to teach by the end of the 90 days.


Physical
Prepare & Run a 1/2 Marathon (Leavenworth). I will train over the next 90 days to be prepared to run in a 1/2 marathon that is scheduled for sometime in October. This will include running 5 out of 7 days, eventually reaching a point where I can run at least 8-10 miles every other week.


Financial
Get a Will in place for my family. Through the Microsoft Benefits program I can see a lawyer that will assist in preparing a will for the family.

Real Estate. Do what I can to sell the property that we own in Idaho to free up the money being paid towards it.

Personal
Woodbadge Ticket. Complete the 5 activities associated to my Woodbadge Ticket. Primarily centered around the YM Duty to God program.

Bathroom Remodel. Tile the floor of the girls bathroom. This will include learning how to do it, gathering the supplies/tools, and doing the tiling.

Bring it on! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bevin, Brian Kowallis in the Mapple Valley stake does high-end residential remodels for a living; I am sure he would be willing to talk shop with you. I can hook you up, if you want to give Peter a break.